Skip to main content

Dear teacher

know all parents struggle to find out about their children's days at school I talk with all my amazing friends who say they ask what they have done at school and get "humm can not remember" or "I did so much I can not remember" they all ask leading questions did you play with sand etc again nothing. 
However I can not gleam anything, one day I thought I had cracked it "did you play with sand" I asked yes he replied OK I thought, did then do some counting? Yes came the reply OK thought mummy lets try a third was counting fun? Yes came the reply OK thinks mummy we have gotten three yes answers did you fly to the moon? Yes came the eager response. OK thinks mummy where do we go from here. 

This is it, my wish from teachers, I know your busy you have lots of children and parents who all need your time and attention but I need to know something about my boys day. He goes to school at 9.30 I collect him at 2.30 and I will know nothing about the whole day but my situation is that I never will get anything other than a one or two word description. To show this in its reality he went to a farm all I got was the word bus for the next three days, nothing else just the word bus. It's great he loves the bus I am very happy but I know nothing more.

I just wish our teachers had the time to spend a little time with me and talk about his day, that he played with sand and enjoyed the feeling in his feet that at lunch he sat and ate it all. That he loved doing the numbers. That he ran around outside enjoying the rain. Those little gems that can make me know he is happy at school, that he is progressing well. These small observations can mean the world to a parent of a child with special needs. We concentrate on the behaviours, the worries all the time but hearing the joys of our children can light up our world and we know that they are happy and enjoying their time. It's the small observations that make such a difference. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding a Bee with sugar water

Have you ever been in the garden and seen a sad looking bee on the ground not really moving? You watch it for a while realising the poor little chap is really struggling. I have found several bees like this and tried to feed them sugar water. But my attempts to rescue them mainly ended with me trying to drown them, I was really not aiding them during their time of need. But I have finally developed a method that works so I thought I would share.

Mix together white sugar with a little water so that it completely dissolves, RSPB suggests 2 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of water. I used desert spoons but the same ratio. The advice is never to use honey or brown sugar. 

This is what worked for me, move the bee to a paving stone, I used a strong leaf they tend to walk onto it, if not you can easily slide it under them, then drip a small amount of the sugar water in front of the bee. The bee will start to drink the sugar water and you will see it begin to get stronger. It is truly …

Planting LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei

I can not believe the day had finally arrived, the trees we had put so much thought into were going to be planted.

We had the conifer and last shrubs removed and the whole area dug over and ready for the arrival of the LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei.

Finding Elaeagnus Ebbingei

I was on the school run when they arrived. I walked round into the back garden to see five of the most beautiful trees in huge pots ready to be planted.

Mr MC&W had chatted to the team that the trees need to be the same height despite there being a slight slope.

It was great to see the tape measure out checking the spacing between each one, as this was such a crucial part of the design.

I can not believe how fast they got the first tree in and how polite they were when we suddenly realised it was overhanging the neighbours' boundary. They brought it forward no questions.


All five went in under 4 hours, I honestly do not think we would have one hole dug in that time.
Then they were planted and we could…

Meal Plan Saturday 5th November 2016

I am rather shocked that we are into November and December is slowly creeping up on me. 
The meal plan for the last couple of weeks has been a bit of a chore. For some reason I am finding it hard to decide what to eat and nothing is appealing. 
Saturday - Our family favourite Spag Bol using mince from our local farm shop
Sunday - Roast Chicken, the boys just love this meal and normally clear their whole plates.
Monday - Sausage Casserole with Jacket  Potatoes
Tuesday - Chicken Curry
Wednesday - Tuna Pasta Bake
Thursday - Fish Pie
Friday - Homemade pizza