Skip to main content

Meal Plan catch up Monday September 21st to Monday 5th October

I have realised its been three weeks since I last managed to post a meal plan, it has been rather manic in the MC&W household. We are having building work, Mr MC&W has continued to be working away from home, we have all had the most horrid colds and I am now 28 weeks pregnant.

Shall we do a massive Meal Plan Catch up......

Deep breath and Lets go

Week commencing Monday 21st September

Monday - Chili I must admit I buy a packet of mix to do this with. Then stick it in the slow cooker and it's ready for me when the boys are asleep. They also had this and did seem to enjoy it as I chose a very mild one.

Tuesday - Roasted Vegetable Pasta for me, I had a mix of courgette, peppers, red onions mixed in with pasta and some cheese grated on top. Boys had pasta with tomatoes and broccoli

Wednesday - Chicken and Noodles for myself and the boys, I loved it but the boys hated it safe to say it was a total disaster.

Thursday - Omelette's and chips for me and the boys 

Friday - Fish, Chips and Peas for us all. Yes a few too many chips this week were consumed.

Saturday - A big bowl of spag bol with garlic bread for everyone

Sunday - ATM birthday lunch family get together so lots of party food

Week commencing Monday. 28th September

Monday - Gnocchi.... I have one recepie that I always use from the fantastic Jo Pratt Madhouse Cookbook which is with broccoli, mushrooms and some cheeky single cream. The boys had with a blitzed tomato sauce and broccoli on the side

Tuesday - The boys and I both had Jacket Potatoes cheese, beans and salad

Wednesday - Tuna pasta bake this was a use up meal of any left over veggies I had in the fridge, the boys had cheese pasta with peas on the side

Thursday - Milanese I have this with thick ham but its ideal for gammon left overs. The boys love this with spaghetti and is perfect to be put in the slow cooker

Friday - I got a couple of pizzas on offer I had one with Chips and salad. The boys had a Micky mouse one but we're not really that taken with it

Saturday - Piri Piri chicken I got a sauce from Tesco and marinated the chicken for a few hours the boys had chicken curry

Sunday - Slow roast Topside of Beef this was just lovely, I cooked it for 3 hours at 160 it was melt in the mouth we had it served with Yorkies, roasts, peas, spinach and lots of veggies

Week commencing Monday 5th October

Monday Caesar salad for me as all I wanted was salad, the boys had mash, chicken nuggets and peas

Tuesday - Sausage Casserole with jacket potatoes we tried the boys on this it was not a massive success 

Wednesday - I had left over sausages and mash potatoes the boys had Carbonara

Thursday - Cheesy pasta for us all with a side serving of green veggies

Friday - Jo Pratt Madhouse cookbook homemade pizza for the boys which they loved. I had the pizza from last week in the freezer

Saturday - Cheating tonight and its shop brought Lasagna with garlic bread and side green salad

Sunday - Roast chicken this is the boy favourite roast and I must admit mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding a Bee with sugar water

Have you ever been in the garden and seen a sad looking bee on the ground not really moving? You watch it for a while realising the poor little chap is really struggling. I have found several bees like this and tried to feed them sugar water. But my attempts to rescue them mainly ended with me trying to drown them, I was really not aiding them during their time of need. But I have finally developed a method that works so I thought I would share.

Mix together white sugar with a little water so that it completely dissolves, RSPB suggests 2 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of water. I used desert spoons but the same ratio. The advice is never to use honey or brown sugar. 

This is what worked for me, move the bee to a paving stone, I used a strong leaf they tend to walk onto it, if not you can easily slide it under them, then drip a small amount of the sugar water in front of the bee. The bee will start to drink the sugar water and you will see it begin to get stronger. It is truly …

Molehill Trouble

Our garden wraps around our house so we have two areas of lawn. The lawn to be honest is pretty terrible, I use the term lawn loosely, I should really be saying our mix of moss, clover and various other weeds that make up the appearance of a lawn. To add to this we have a little friend who keeps popping up.

A mole.

This is the area of lawn just outside the living room in November, these are seriously huge molehills.



I took all the soil I could do off the grass and redistributed on the new border. I then brought some mole bulbs, we used them on the main lawn about five years ago and they worked. When they arrived I set about putting them in the ground.
























The box gives instructions on how to plant the bulbs. I must admit I did not exactly follow these and put them in each corner and then one half way down each side and one in the middle. Meaning I used more than they would say you need.

This is how the lawn looks now....


No more molehills on this piece of lawn. What has been even better i…

Planting LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei

I can not believe the day had finally arrived, the trees we had put so much thought into were going to be planted.

We had the conifer and last shrubs removed and the whole area dug over and ready for the arrival of the LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei.

Finding Elaeagnus Ebbingei

I was on the school run when they arrived. I walked round into the back garden to see five of the most beautiful trees in huge pots ready to be planted.

Mr MC&W had chatted to the team that the trees need to be the same height despite there being a slight slope.

It was great to see the tape measure out checking the spacing between each one, as this was such a crucial part of the design.

I can not believe how fast they got the first tree in and how polite they were when we suddenly realised it was overhanging the neighbours' boundary. They brought it forward no questions.


All five went in under 4 hours, I honestly do not think we would have one hole dug in that time.
Then they were planted and we could…