Skip to main content

Planting Wall Baskets 2017

I finally found the time to plant up the last two wall baskets. We have two more but they are covered in ivy and that is a whole new post.

I had to choose a little quicker than I would have liked, we went to the garden centre as the family of 5 and the eldest two were trying to wreck the water features, despite every threat know to myself and Mr MC&W being thrown at them. 

The Petunia was on buy one get one free and they only had pink ones left so I chose two colours to try and clash them in the same planter.

One was called Neon Pink and the other was Pink and it is not quite the effect I wanted but think it looks good and when they take off will be very colourful.




The next one was a bit different and it is pink again, I left it a little late so the choice was a little limited, to add to this I had to choose fast. I had to read a few labels as I had to find plants that could cope with some shade. This was a big lesson learnt from last year.

As you can see this had a few weeds growing out of it and really needed to be sorted out.




I found these beautiful Lobularia Raspberry Stream which I put at the back of the basket they are very delicate and very pretty, then I found these soft pink Sutera Bacopa which was called Great Pink Beauty. These should trial over the edge of the basket. It is such a pretty delicate combination, I actually really love it. The best part was a hoverfly landed on the Bacopa as I was planting it.





Twin Mummy and Daddy
My Random Musings

Comments

  1. I love the colours! I wish I knew the names of plants, but this morning I was in my garden admiring all the colours of the flowers. White, yellow, red, orange, purple - they're beautiful! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful. I'd love to have colourful baskets like these. #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, a great splash of colour in any garden #blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.