Skip to main content

Wall Basket Review 2018

I was really pleased with the wall baskets this year as I tried a lot of new plants. Definitely getting to the garden centre early meant I had such a better choice of plants.

Bidens Blazing Glory with white Bacopa and Sanvitalia Gold queen. This was OK, the Sanvitalia Gold Queen was a very upright plant and took a lot of the space, meaning the Bidens got crowded out. I will get the Bidens again as the colour was fantastic and as ever Bacopa went crazy but did not flower that well. I have just gone through all my photos and have not taken any more of this basket. which is quite surprising. So here is one at the end of its life as you can see 







I really liked the fuchsia which surprised me, this basket looked great and the colours really comlented each other. Dark Eyes Fuisha with Calibrachoa Cabaret in dark blue and pink. In fact I loved them so much I brought more Fuishas for another planter I have. The Fuisha did suffer with the heat and stopped flowering pretty early on. Think it needed a little more TLC than I gave it.








Lastly I feel for these Brachycome Blue Brazil, Sutera Baja in white and then found Lophoseermum. I loved this basket it was all new plants to me and they looked amazing. Such pretty colours and I will def be using all these again. Though they went over fairly early in the season and not sure if that was my care, the weather or the plants. 











I was completely thrilled with these and have lots more ideas for next year. Looking forward to getting to the garden centre early so I can find these really interesting plants and more and use them all in different ways.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.