Skip to main content

Hanging Baskets and Containers 2020

Buying the plants for the hanging baskets was a little different this year. Normally it would be a trip to the garden centre, involving lots of picking plants up and putting them together to see what looks good. This year for lockdown I was lucky that our nursery had put together an excellent online shop. But I had to buy in packs of six rather than individual plants. This meant I had to think about how the plants could be used in two places.

My main three hanging baskets are all petunias, I have to be honest with you, I love a petunia they are bright and bold and simply make me happy. I would normally go for clashing colours but I decided it would be better as I had to buy them in packs of six to have them as one block colour. 

They are Petunia Hot Pink, Purple and Fanfare Red.



For the three tire planter I have gone for petunias again, I am hoping they may trail down a little. Two are Petunia Shockwave Denim and Deep Purple and Petunia Frenzy Pink




The wall baskets 

This is the white one its Diascia White Blush I adore this flower, I have put it with Calibrachoa Cabaret White. I love the one colour it is the first time I have ever done an all white basket. I have also put these in a small basket we have hanging of the shed.



I am a fan of orange and yellow baskets they look so summery, I have gone for Lantana Camara Red Flame and Calibrachoa Cabaret Pure Yellow. I have used these for a planter we have next to the front door but added in some white Calibrachoa Cabaret. 



This one is a white and purple one Scevola Fancy Blue and Calibrachoa Cabaret White. Scevola is not one I have used before so should be interesting to see how it does.



The last is one I have done a few times Bidens Goldstike with Bacopa in white. These also are as a planter i have on a small wall.



So there we have the summer baskets. I know they are not trendy in gardening circles but I love them and everyone who visits love them and to me that all that matters.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.