Skip to main content

Meal Plan Saturday 18th June 2016

The weeks are just flying by at the moment. Last weeks meal plan went ok, the cheesy broccoli, ham and pasta bake was great even though I changed the meal massively from that on BBC Good Food. I adored the Pea Pakoras the boys not so much,  we will give them another go. The toad in the hole was for Mr and Mrs MC&W tasty and for once I cooked it well, boys loved the Yorkshire puddings but sausages are still not going down to well.

This week is very busy so we are having a few quick and easy or throw it in the oven and leave to cook meals.

We also have baby ZAP beginning to wean so putting his first few tastes on the meal plan as well. Busy times ahead. I am using as I did with both the boys Annabel Karmels ideas to start with and then doing a combination of baby lead weaning. This dual way worked well with both OEP and ATM. This week it's all about a few first tastes as he has had a few days on baby rice now and it's time to move on a little. I will also be starting to build up freezer once the weaning takes off a little more. 

Saturday - Peri Peri chicken with chips and salad for Mr & Mrs MC&W. The boys will have chicken nuggets, chips and salad

Sunday - Out to Mr MC&W brothers house for a family BBQ to celebrate a couple of birthdays.

ZAP - Baby rice with a little apple 

Monday - Oven baked Thai chicken from BBC Good Good.

Oven Baked Thai Chicken and Rice

ZAP will be having creamed carrot.

Tuesday - Tuna Pasta bake for Mr MC&W and myself the boys will have cheesy pasta with veggies.

ZAP will be trying butternut squash

Wednesday - Jacket Potatoes with beans and cheese and salad

ZAP - Sweet Potato

Thursday - Brought in shop brought fresh pasta with a homemade tomato sauce

ZAP - Baby rice with a little pear

Friday - always a family favourite ham, egg and chips

ZAP - Parsnip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding a Bee with sugar water

Have you ever been in the garden and seen a sad looking bee on the ground not really moving? You watch it for a while realising the poor little chap is really struggling. I have found several bees like this and tried to feed them sugar water. But my attempts to rescue them mainly ended with me trying to drown them, I was really not aiding them during their time of need. But I have finally developed a method that works so I thought I would share.

Mix together white sugar with a little water so that it completely dissolves, RSPB suggests 2 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of water. I used desert spoons but the same ratio. The advice is never to use honey or brown sugar. 

This is what worked for me, move the bee to a paving stone, I used a strong leaf they tend to walk onto it, if not you can easily slide it under them, then drip a small amount of the sugar water in front of the bee. The bee will start to drink the sugar water and you will see it begin to get stronger. It is truly …

Molehill Trouble

Our garden wraps around our house so we have two areas of lawn. The lawn to be honest is pretty terrible, I use the term lawn loosely, I should really be saying our mix of moss, clover and various other weeds that make up the appearance of a lawn. To add to this we have a little friend who keeps popping up.

A mole.

This is the area of lawn just outside the living room in November, these are seriously huge molehills.



I took all the soil I could do off the grass and redistributed on the new border. I then brought some mole bulbs, we used them on the main lawn about five years ago and they worked. When they arrived I set about putting them in the ground.
























The box gives instructions on how to plant the bulbs. I must admit I did not exactly follow these and put them in each corner and then one half way down each side and one in the middle. Meaning I used more than they would say you need.

This is how the lawn looks now....


No more molehills on this piece of lawn. What has been even better i…

Planting LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei

I can not believe the day had finally arrived, the trees we had put so much thought into were going to be planted.

We had the conifer and last shrubs removed and the whole area dug over and ready for the arrival of the LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei.

Finding Elaeagnus Ebbingei

I was on the school run when they arrived. I walked round into the back garden to see five of the most beautiful trees in huge pots ready to be planted.

Mr MC&W had chatted to the team that the trees need to be the same height despite there being a slight slope.

It was great to see the tape measure out checking the spacing between each one, as this was such a crucial part of the design.

I can not believe how fast they got the first tree in and how polite they were when we suddenly realised it was overhanging the neighbours' boundary. They brought it forward no questions.


All five went in under 4 hours, I honestly do not think we would have one hole dug in that time.
Then they were planted and we could…