Skip to main content

Meal Plan Friday 6th January 2017

Last week we only had one real change to the meal plan. I could not get filo pastry in the shop, so I made a tasty spaghetti dish with all the ratatouille ingredients we had.

This week is a little different, firstly Mr MC&W is working from home all week. Normally he leaves the house by 7am and is not back till just gone 8, so he has both lunch and dinner in London. We are looking at the food we eat and trying some new ideas. This week we got Jamie Oliver's superfoods book and it's filled with lots of ideas.

Mr MC&W and I are going to have dinner together each night as this never happens, though I am concerned we our wine intake may increase, at least we are being healthy with the meals.

Friday - I needed an easy meal so we had cheese tortellini with salad

Saturday- ATM had a party so we all had pasta salad for lunch then Mr MC&W and I had homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken made from the Hairy dieters cookbook.

Sunday - Again we are eating from the Hairy Dieters, a lovely Bolognese which is full of veggies and very little mice beef. The boys will have our normal spat bol.

Monday - Jamie Oliver - Superfoods Salmon, peas and veg. The boys will have the same but with cod.

Tuesday - Jamie Oliver - Superfoods - Samosas - Beef, Onion and sweet potatoes. The boys will be trying these as well.

Wednesday- Jamie Oliver - Superfoods - Spaghetti vine tomatoes with baked ricotta. We are trying Spelt Spaghetti for this one.

Thursday - Jamie Oliver - Superfoods - Bombay Chicken, cauliflower and Poppadoms. The boys will be having a simple  Chicken Korma.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding a Bee with sugar water

Have you ever been in the garden and seen a sad looking bee on the ground not really moving? You watch it for a while realising the poor little chap is really struggling. I have found several bees like this and tried to feed them sugar water. But my attempts to rescue them mainly ended with me trying to drown them, I was really not aiding them during their time of need. But I have finally developed a method that works so I thought I would share.

Mix together white sugar with a little water so that it completely dissolves, RSPB suggests 2 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of water. I used desert spoons but the same ratio. The advice is never to use honey or brown sugar. 

This is what worked for me, move the bee to a paving stone, I used a strong leaf they tend to walk onto it, if not you can easily slide it under them, then drip a small amount of the sugar water in front of the bee. The bee will start to drink the sugar water and you will see it begin to get stronger. It is truly …

Molehill Trouble

Our garden wraps around our house so we have two areas of lawn. The lawn to be honest is pretty terrible, I use the term lawn loosely, I should really be saying our mix of moss, clover and various other weeds that make up the appearance of a lawn. To add to this we have a little friend who keeps popping up.

A mole.

This is the area of lawn just outside the living room in November, these are seriously huge molehills.



I took all the soil I could do off the grass and redistributed on the new border. I then brought some mole bulbs, we used them on the main lawn about five years ago and they worked. When they arrived I set about putting them in the ground.
























The box gives instructions on how to plant the bulbs. I must admit I did not exactly follow these and put them in each corner and then one half way down each side and one in the middle. Meaning I used more than they would say you need.

This is how the lawn looks now....


No more molehills on this piece of lawn. What has been even better i…

Planting LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei

I can not believe the day had finally arrived, the trees we had put so much thought into were going to be planted.

We had the conifer and last shrubs removed and the whole area dug over and ready for the arrival of the LolliPop Trees Elaeagnus ebbingei.

Finding Elaeagnus Ebbingei

I was on the school run when they arrived. I walked round into the back garden to see five of the most beautiful trees in huge pots ready to be planted.

Mr MC&W had chatted to the team that the trees need to be the same height despite there being a slight slope.

It was great to see the tape measure out checking the spacing between each one, as this was such a crucial part of the design.

I can not believe how fast they got the first tree in and how polite they were when we suddenly realised it was overhanging the neighbours' boundary. They brought it forward no questions.


All five went in under 4 hours, I honestly do not think we would have one hole dug in that time.
Then they were planted and we could…