Skip to main content

Something has changed

I have been pottering in the garden for a week or so now, today was the first day I did not run back into the house with numb fingers and toes. In fact it was just lovely outside, the sun was shinning and there was some warmth on my back.

I have achieved quite lot bearing in mind I have very limited time, as you can see a lot of ivy has been sorted out and taken down, the bin area has been swept and tidied up. I have come to a conclusion I am not going to be planting the tiny border and I will put down a mulch or gravel to tidy up then get some pots so that we can keep the interest year round. If we just had a tiny little border with ivy roots I think it would be mess.

  

The mess of a tiny border now sorted out ready to put down gravel or mulch




I have uncovered two on the wall planters, there is a third but I am trying to decide if just to keep the ivy there and have the two but then these things look much better in odd numbers. So I have a feeling there will be more ivy removed.


The planter with tree included, this is now removed and ready for some pretty flowers


Now I can get to the point of what's changed, whilst wondering round the garden center trying to keep on eye on the youngest and look at some plants to go into the planters we have already, I realised I was not just looking at the plants with almost a blank mind. I was looking at the plants and thinking what colours would work, which plant would work in which planter. This may to some seem a very odd realisation but it's the first time I have ever done this. I do not think I have ever really looked at plants before, with the thought that would look good there or wow that planted with that will just look amazing. I would just wonder round picking things up and quickly putting them down, almost as if I were scared of having a go, what if I get it wrong.

I am off in a couple of days to buy the compost and some plants for the two wall planters and two small planters by the front door and for once some real thought is going into it. Let's hope I can make it look nice and if not I do mind as I am having a go.

Comments

  1. Hi thought I'd post a comment hope that's ok. I love wall planters there's so many interesting things you can do with them. I particularly like them for edibles like herbs but this is mainly because we have a dog that wees all over everything in our garden and this is the only safe way for us to grow them!! I'll def follow your progress I love a good project thanks for checking out my blog and getting in touch on twitter all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and follow. What a lovely idea doing herbs, I am going to give that some thought. Lovely to have you along for the journey x

      Delete
  2. I never know when to start gardening in a new year! My garden needs a desperate sort out & mow. I'm glad to see you've started! I may get out this weekend weather dependent! Good luck with buying plants, I'll be intrigued to see how it all turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your interest, I am so rubbish but I am going for it. I am sure I will amuse you in posts to come about how not to garden xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.