Skip to main content

Baking..... the new chapter

I used to do quite a lot of baking, mainly cakes. Then came along baby number one followed 17 short months later baby number two, baking as you can imagine got rather neglected. I know some amazing mummy's manage to cook and look after two young children, I was not one of them.  My sister is the most amazing cake, biscuit and rocky road maker even with two young children.

Then just under a year ago type 1 diabetes entered our life and I was so scared of sending OB levels high with the amount of cake mixture he eats I cut back on baking even more.

I have made a few cakes over the last few months, but let me tell you about a couple of typical disasters I have had. Our oven in the new house is not flat so all my cakes turn out higher one side than the other, to be honest if they rise at all. I have had Victoria Sponge cakes that look like thin plates and do not get me started on where I go wrong with scones, no matter what I try they still do not rise.

So to amuse you all even more than just flowing my interesting gardening techniques, I am going to try and start baking again and will be sharing this with you. I am fed up of buying expensive boring cakes so think it's time I gave it another go.

I hope in a few days time to start a few posts and you can all share in my what I am sure will be baking disasters, I promise I will post pictures and be very honest.

 It is going to be a good job I can laugh at myself.


Comments

  1. Oh I cant wait!! I love baking so cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha wait till you see what I produce sure you will have a good laugh

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.