Skip to main content

Hanging Baskets and Wall baskets 2019

It is that time of year again that I go shopping for the hanging basket plants. I adore my hanging and wall baskets, they are fun and pretty the only shame is they are not great for pollinators but the rest of the garden is full of friendly plants. This is the first year I have done this with out my youngest, the first year he was in a baby carrier, the second year a pushchair and the third year he was running round like crazy. It was very nice just to have the time to choose.



So here we go, a big list of plants for you to have a look at

Black and White Hanging basket - I adore this basket, I got the black petunias a couple of weeks ago as they never have many and I am so glad I did as they had none left. I have put them with Sutera Baja in white. Last time the black petunias got lost with the white ones so I am hoping this will work better.



I have gone for second petunia basket this year as I do love the colours you can get. I have gone for full on pinks and purples really bright colours total opposite to the black and white, again I love it. The colours are described as Blue and Purple but its hot pink and bright purple as far as I can see. The brighter the better for me.



The last hanging basket is orange I love orange, I had these Diascia last year and they were lovely I have put them with some white Calibrachoa, I wanted yellow ones but could not see any. This basket may need some extra plants but we shall see.



The wall baskets are always lovely and last year I discovered I do in fact not mind fuchsias so

I have gone for an upright one called Fuchsia Blush Angela a mix of pinks and purples and a trailing one called Harry Gray which is white. I am hoping the two will work well together and provide contrast.



I managed to find some more orange for this wall basket Verbena showboat Mango Orange and some Calibrachoa orange too. Hope it will look vibrant but I am concerned the verbena may look a little pink.



The last wall basket I have Lantra Camara in red flame and some Bidens I am a little concerned the Bidens may over take the basket so will keep an eye on this one, but it should be full of colour.



Lastly is our planter we have three sections and all winter I have violas in this one and they looked amazing.

I have Nemesia Camine which is a deep pink with Sutera Scopia in Blue, the middle one I have Heliotropium in a deep purple teamed with a dark purple verbena venturi. I love Heliotropium as for once it attracts bees as so few hanging basket plants do. Lastly I have some pink Brachyscome in Magenta delight teamed with an indigo Calibrachoa. This planter is a little hit and miss as its not very deep and some pf the plants struggle.



So this is my baskets for this year. I am feeding weekly with a seaweed liquid feed and will try and be a little better at remembering to do that. Lets hope for lots of lovely and bright flowers for summer.




Comments

  1. Lovely selection. I love garden Centers and plant shopping. I am hoping to go with my mum soon so we can spruce up the garden before our son's 2nd birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you had a lovely time and found lots of great blooms xx

      Delete
  2. Great blog, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.