Skip to main content

Honey Roasted Cartot, Parsnip and Beetroot

I was given a lovely bag of soup vegetables from our local farm shop, Isfield Farm Shop, as part of a promotion. There was a leek, beetroots, parsnip, carrots, potato. Mr MC&W does not like soup so I decided to see what we could use the veggies in our meals that week.

Now you could easily increase the quantities and I am considering cooking this for Christmas, as it is a big bowl of tasty veggies cooked in one.

Pre heat the oven 

200 fan 180 Gas mark 6

1 Parsnip

2 Carrots

2 small beetroots - uncooked

2 teaspoons of honey

1 tablespoon of olive oil

Squeeze of garlic paste or two cloves of garlic

50ml orange juice

Peel and Cut the parsnips and carrots into batons 

Peel the beetroot and cut into quarters




Put the beetroot and carrots into a roasting tin with half the oil coat them well and roast for 20 Min's. 

Add the parsnip and roast for another 10 Min's. 

Take from the oven and mix in the honey, garlic, orange juice and oil and roast again for 10-15 Min's.




They ended up sweet, sticky and with a slight crunch.




Me, Being Mummy
 Tactical Tuesday at Joanna Victoria

Comments

  1. These look yummy! I wouldn't have thought of using orange juice, so thanks for the idea :) #HoneyBeeLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys love carrots cooked in orange juice for our Sunday roast. It is lovely x

      Delete
  2. These look lovely, we love roasted veg round here, also roasted onion! #Tacticaltuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some beetroot left in the fridge that I was wondering what to do with. Now I know! This looks delicious! #tacticaltuesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use bits up and this is perfect. hope you liked x

      Delete
  4. Mmmm I know how I'm having my Christmas Day veg now, yum, yum, yum #blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have to have simple and easy meals all in one pot is a winner to me xx

      Delete
  5. This looks SO good! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the sweet and crunchy veggies i think it would be amazing with gammon x

      Delete
  6. This looks perfect for winter!! I've actually never tried beetroot but I might just give this a go! #blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks perfect for winter!! I've actually never tried beetroot but I might just give this a go! #blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.