Skip to main content

Food Bank Advent 2019

It is the end of October and my thoughts are turning to Christmas not just for us but for the food bank. Last year I did food bank advent in December, this year I have decided to do it in November. I decided to do November as December can be busy and expensive this way I can make sure I think about the items and spread the cost.

I contacted our local food bank to chat through what they would like, they let me know they were doing special boxes on Christmas eve and would I think of the following items

Gravy Mix
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Tin Foil
pickles
Selection boxes
Special Biscuits

All need to be in date for 25th December and lets be honest a few days after and nothing that needs refrigeration.

Last year some friends and I clubbed together and we did 6 items each. A good way to join together and we had lots of chats about who was getting what. We had a lovely big box of bits for the food bank by mid December.



So each week I will be adding a few extra items to my basket and hope that this helps others at Christmas, which I know can be a hard time when you are counting every penny. 

It would be lovely for more to join in and if like me you start now it can spread across a few weeks. Its does not have to be 25 days just a few items will always be so greatly received.

If you would like to take part please contact your local food bank as to what they are looking for donation wise. Some of the local supermarkets have yellow priority stickers as well. 

Below is a link to the Trussell Trust should you want to find your local food bank.

Trussell trust

#foodbankadvent




Navigating Baby

Comments

  1. What a fantastic idea. I wonder if we have that here. Off to google. I love this post. #Dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local food bank put out a request for money this year. They're partnered with a big box store for bigger discounts so the food bank can get almost double what I could buy for the same amount of money. It's easier for me AND it helps more people so I love it! #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fab idea - I didn't realise such a thing existed but bookmarking this page so I can find our local food bank! #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.