Skip to main content

Six on Saturday - Empty Borders, Seedlings and Laurels

We have a lot of work to do and I am excited and scared about how to move the garden forward. My main problem is I get nervous that it will fail and then I do not do anything and the garden remains looking unfinished. So I need a plan and I need to put it into action.

1. GYO we have sewn some seeds straight into the planters some Beetroot, Onions and Carrots. No sign of anything coming up yet and I am a little worried I have planted them too deep. Though looking today we have some beetroot have appeared which is great to see.






2. For mothers day I was given the chance to buy plants when I see ones I like. I have finally got a compact Buddleja Buzz in magenta and I can not wait for it to flower.




3. Flower seeds lots have germinated and the mini growhouse is already filling up with sweet peas, Echinacea Pallida from the Sarah Raven collection and Rudbeckia Gloriosa Daisies from Mr Fothergills . I have also stared some chillis and sweetcorn.





4. Violas are still giving us lots of colour and with that a lot of cheer. I will be doing these in the winter for sure.







5. Laurels they have come into flower and they are alive with pollinators and its a delight to see.





6. Empty beds that need planning.... lots of ideas but not sure where to start? Maybe a cup of tea and a garden book.




With all this going on I made cake



Comments

  1. Those violas are a picture! Don't worry about failing, just do something. That is the joy of gardening, you can shuffle around at a later date or even start all over again. I am sure once you get going you will get into the swing of it. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those violas look fab in that stand, very nice. Dont worry about failing, more than half of gardening is learning from what didn't go well. Unlike most of life you can just move stuff if things don't work together..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.