Skip to main content

Starting GYO 2019 - First Seeds

I love twitter and instagram, watching all the amazing and knowledgeable gardeners planting seeds and pictures of how well they are doing. I am still very new to growing flowers and vegetables from seed and I have a lot to learn. But decided it is time we start some seed planing here at Mud, Cakes and Wine

My mum came down and we planted some sweet peas, not sure it is the correct time to plant them but we decided to go for it anyway, they have all germinated and doing really well. I have transferred them from the propagator to the new grow house.





I will have also planted some Echinacea Pallida from the Sarah Raven collection and Rudbeckia Gloriosa Daisies from Mr Fothergills now that the Sweepeas have been moved, I really need another propagator. As I have lots more I want to start.






Building and lining trough style planters - Link to the post
We built our trough planters last year and I have learnt a lot, this year I will be planting more in succession, with that in mind and reading my seed packages, I have planted a row of beetroot and carrots. I will then plant another row of each in a couple of weeks time. I hope this means we have a succession of vegetables.

I have also put in a line of onions and we can see how they do.





I am really going by the information on the seed packets and just giving it a go again. It has been so great getting back outside and just looking for the tiny signs of growth from the seeds is very special.
Navigating Baby

Comments

  1. Wow this sounds like a very busy week & your growhouse looks great! rudbeckia are being devoured by snails in my garden, which is a shame but i gave up after trying a couple of times. Bizarrely they do very well in my folks' garden where slugs don't seem to go after them. Curious to hear how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet peas and they look so pretty growing too. I hope you get the bug! #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.