Skip to main content

Meal Plan Friday 13th March 2020

As we enter another week of uncertain times my meal plans are showing me how good it is to plan what as a family we eat and need. I also realised I operate in a very last-minute system. I order what I need, but I do not really operate a store cupboard, I grew up with a mum who always had extra of everything but I have got out of that routine. This whole C word virus has made me think about this shopping method. 

I also have used a couple of cans of condensed soup again used by my mum a lot easy way to make a creamy mushroom or tomato sauce and you can add loads of flavour to them as well. 

We are still being careful to order what we need but this can be hard when listening to the news, the Ocado app has been down for days I have an order with one bottle of expensive gin in that I can not change (well may come in useful when the schools close hahaha)...

Friday - Scampi and Chips and peas the boys are having fish fingers

Saturday - Fajitas good old El Passo for us

Sunday - Toad in the hole for us all

Monday - Tuna pasta bake - hopefully the pasta will arrive.

Tuesday - Cajun Dirty Rice from Pinch of Nom

Wednesday - Ham and Potato cakes with giant baked beans all from Pinch of Nom the boys will have a salad.

Wednesday - Honey and Soy noodles roughly based on this one below.

Honey soy chicken noodle stir fry


Katykicker

Comments

  1. I'm sure you could refuse the gin at your door if you need to x Hopefully it won't come to that though! Take care and thanks for linking up - hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get it sorted which was very welcome

      Delete
  2. I save my slots with Gin too! It used to be toilet roll but ended up with £60 once. Although some people are probably doing that now! Some lovely sounding meals. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha so true, think we would need the gin more when the school is closed

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued by the giant baked beans ?! Fingers crossed you sort your shopping out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are butterbeans in a homemade tomato sauce but could not get butter beans so had to do cannelini

      Delete
  4. I really struggled to get my shopping delivered this week. I ended up getting it from Iceland so I did at least stock the freezers up.
    You have a lot of my favourite meals this week. Scampi & chips is my all time favourite. I could just eat it now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such lovely comfort food just what we need at the moment

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.